Urban Mobility Incubator
WELCOME TO THE URBAN MOBILITY INCUBATOR
We’ve all experienced the traffic, pollution and road safety challenges in Phnom Penh as we go about our daily lives. And as both urbanisations continues to rise (Cambodia’s urban population is expected to double by 2030) along with vehicle ownership (expected increase of 37% by 2050), even more challenges will no doubt appear. But have you ever considered that with these challenges come the opportunity to pioneer innovative solutions to create more sustainable development in Cambodia’s cities and transport?
SUMAI, the Sustainable Urban Mobility for All Initiative, is a 3-year project led by UNDP Cambodia and Grab that aims to bring together a wide range of stakeholders in Cambodia to tackle these urban challenges in transport and mobility in Phnom Penh. SUMAI is funding the Urban Mobility Incubator with the aim of finding and nurturing initiative with the potential to create real impact in mobility and transport.
WHAT IS IT?
The Urban Mobility Incubation is a program for innovative idea stage projects who are now looking for dedicated, tailored support to rapidly validate, launch and showcase their impactful businesses, focusing on future of transport, mobility, and road safety.
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
6 month Incubation Program
Up to eight teams will receive 6 months of incubation with Impact Hub, including Masterclasses with both local and international experts, and a dedicated Impact Hub Facilitator.
Each team will also be matched with mentors from the industry based on their needs, including mentors from Grab, Wing and ex-Google employees.
3 month Investment Readiness Fellowship
Three exceptional teams will be selected to go onto the 3 month Investment Readiness Fellowship where they will benefit from tailored support in areas such as financial modelling, financial planning, business registration, pitching, speaking with investors and partners, and more.
Teams will have the opportunity to pitch to a panel of judges and an audience including media, investors, potential partners and customers. This will be a valuable opportunity to raise awareness around the initiative, build a network and gain valuable feedback on your startup.
WHO ARE THE TEAMS?
- LINK: “For vehicle owners who need information on maintenance services’ locations, reviews and get promotions via our LINK mobile based application – a search engine, user-generated review, and a direct booking platform.”
- WorkBus: “Inspired by school bus model, WorkBus is on the mission to provide a customized shuttle-bus service for peak hour transportation to business owners with the hope to give a comfortable, stress-free traveling experience, reduce cost on parking space and improve employees’ well-being and productivity.”
- Multistrands: Multistrands provides fun and meaningful educational resources and activities that help children foster a love for learning, understand social issues such as road safety, and empower them to be part of the solution.
- CamSafe: An NGO focusing on raising awareness around road safety are looking to diversify and start a social enterprise branch. They are planning to open a driving school specifically for people with disabilities to re-learn how to drive adapted or regular vehicles following an accident.
- Solar Tuk Tuk: Agile Development Group has been active in the disability and mobility sector for several years. They are launching their wheelchair accessible and solar tuk-tuk.
- JisDer: “Jisder, peer to peer ride-pooling solution that connects ride-givers and ride-seekers going in the same direction. Our dream: Minimizing pollution and bringing people closer through sustainable transportation by turning empty vehicle seats into the force of green and social ride-pooling.”
Get in touch with Thai Sokcheng at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be introduced with any of the teams.
Look out for more information and to attend the pitching event in September 2019!