Urban Mobility Incubator
WELCOME TO THE URBAN MOBILITY INCUBATOR
We’ve all experienced the traffic, pollution and road safety challenges in Phnom Penh as we go about our daily lives. And as both urbanisations continues to rise (Cambodia’s urban population is expected to double by 2030) along with vehicle ownership (expected increase of 37% by 2050), even more challenges will no doubt appear. But have you ever considered that with these challenges come the opportunity to pioneer innovative solutions to create more sustainable development in Cambodia’s cities and transport?
SUMAI, the Sustainable Urban Mobility for All Initiative, is a 3-year project led by UNDP Cambodia and Grab that aims to bring together a wide range of stakeholders in Cambodia to tackle these urban challenges in transport and mobility in Phnom Penh. SUMAI is funding the Urban Mobility Incubator with the aim of finding and nurturing initiative with the potential to create real impact in mobility and transport.
“Applications Now Open” – Urban Mobility Incubator
WHAT IS IT?
The Urban Mobility Incubation is a program for innovative idea stage projects who are now looking for dedicated, tailored support to rapidly validate, launch and showcase their impactful businesses, focusing on future of transport, mobility, and road safety.
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
6 month Incubation Program
Up to eight teams will receive 6 months of incubation with Impact Hub, including Masterclasses with both local and international experts, and a dedicated Impact Hub Facilitator.
Each team will also be matched with mentors from the industry based on their needs, including mentors from Grab, Wing and ex-Google employees.
3 month Investment Readiness Fellowship
Three exceptional teams will be selected to go onto the 3 month Investment Readiness Fellowship where they will benefit from tailored support in areas such as financial modelling, financial planning, business registration, pitching, speaking with investors and partners, and more.
Teams will have the opportunity to pitch to a panel of judges and an audience including media, investors, potential partners and customers. This will be a valuable opportunity to raise awareness around the initiative, build a network and gain valuable feedback on your startup.
WHAT WILL YOU ACHIEVE?
By the end of the program, you will have turned your idea into a validated business model, launched, and started getting your first customers.
For those teams that excel and make it onto the Investment Readiness Fellowship, you will have a strong financial model and plan, be speaking to investors/partners, and be on your way to investment readiness.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Urban Mobility Incubator is for impact innovators who are passionate about redesigning Phnom Penh City and disrupting how we think about mobility in Cambodia! You will be committed to creating impact and contributing to building the future cities of Cambodia, but you are looking for access to knowledge, resources, opportunities and the network to turn your passion and skills into real impact.
Whether you are an individual or startup team with an awesome idea, or an organisation looking to start a new project, we want to hear from you!
You will need to show:
- A strong interest in transport, mobility and future cities
- Have the interest and drive to get out of your comfort zone
- Be highly motivated to have a positive impact through entrepreneurship
- The confidence and flexibility to work with new people in new environments
Apply with an idea related to urban mobility and transport in:
- More sustainable – using less energy, improving fuel efficiency, or using alternatives to fossil fuels
- Smarter- using technology and innovation to reduce vehicles on the road (or just all of them being on the same road at the same time!)
- Safer – reducing accidents on the roads, or improving personal safety when accidents do happen
- Accessible – so people of all generations, income levels, and abilities can benefit from the city’s development?
- Healthier- ensuring that when people travel they do not damage their health from pollution
- Speak English
- Apply as an individual or as a team (up to 4 members)
- Ability to commit approximately 12 hours/week to your project (evening time/weekend time, including 2hours training/week at Impact Hub)
- Capacity to complete the full program
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit your application here
- Apply before the deadline 3rd December 2018
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for the interview between 3rd and 13th December
- Selected participants will be informed by 17th December
- The 6 months Incubation Program will begin in mid-January (exact dates TBC)
If you have any questions please get in touch with Abi Perriman at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!