Excited to work with us?
Impact Hub Phnom Penh is the largest community and coworking space for entrepreneurs, creatives and techies in the heart of Phnom Penh. We enable entrepreneurs to achieve success through our dynamic programmes, incubators and mentoring, and inspire and engage the local community with our weekly events.
If you want to be part of a global, vibrant and entrepreneurial community that collaboratively works on social innovation, this is the right place for you.
We post all of our current openings below here. Check back again soon!
OPEN: Venture Support & Community Manager
Are you passionate about making a positive impact through innovation & entrepreneurship? If you are Cambodian and the answer is yes, join us!
Key ResponsibilitiesMentoring management for IH members Objective: Responsible for providing overall orientation and matching with IH mentors, with the aim of developing viable business cases for the selected start-ups. Working alongside our Director of Ventures, you will:
- be a sounding board for members to understand their mentoring needs in order to match them with mentors;
- design creative methods of mentoring, motivating and supporting members through mentoring;
- monitoring members and mentors to ensure effective relationships;
- field and site visits to develop a deep understanding of the context of customer behaviour and
- coordinate matching with other technically specific mentors;
Facilitation of IH programsObjective: Facilitate the delivery of programs, the creation of content and format. Working alongside our Director of Ventures and Programs & Impact Manager, you will:
- Deliver workshops and program activities;
- Create/adapt content to meet the needs of participants;
- Work with IH team to create new program frameworks, content and delivery methodologies;
- Provision of mentoring to participants in order to support successful progress through programs
Develop the Innovation Garage initiativeObjective: Lead on the development of the community and activities of IH’s new initiative, the ‘Innovation Garage’ (a creative new space focusing on innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship), the home the Hub Entrepreneurs Club community.
- Design and deliver high-quality, inspiring and informative activities and events which attracts and retains members;
- Bring energy and passion for space, to catalyst the members to become involved with space.
- Get to know all members to understand their individual needs and make them feel part of the community;
- Work with the Communications Manager to tell inspiring and successful stories about the work of members.
- Khmer language a must, and English fluency
- Previous experience as an entrepreneur (successful or not!)
- Strong understanding of and passion for impact and startup incubation
- Excellent and proven project management skills
- Proactive and solutions-orientated in nature
- Ability to relate, empathize and form close, trusting relationships with others
- Passionate about the latest trends in technology/ social innovation
- Highly motivational, open-minded, flexible, disruptive, energetic and a great sense of humor!
Preferred but not essential
- Experience in incubation (/working with early-stage entrepreneurs) or eco-system building
- Experience working in Cambodia or at least South East Asia
- Understanding the challenges of entrepreneurs in emerging markets.
- Awareness of funding opportunities for social startups in emerging economy countries.
Why join us?
- A unique opportunity to join one of Cambodia’s most active, innovative start-up organizations, and to grow one of it’s biggest communities of young entrepreneurs.
- A great chance to apply your skills to an energetic, exciting and challenging role, where every day you’ll be creating impact.
- A way to amplify your impact through supporting fellow entrepreneurs.
- Be part of a global network of people for impact with our 100+ Impact Hubs around the world
- Remuneration: Commensurate to experience
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Reporting to: Director of Venture Support
- To apply, or questions: Send a cover letter and CV to Olivia Hough (email@example.com)
- Deadline: 5th February 2019. Please submit ASAP, as we will begin interviews as we receive applications