Excited to work with us?
Impact Hub Phnom Penh is the largest community and coworking space for entrepreneurs, creatives and techies in the heart of Phnom Penh. We enable entrepreneurs to achieve success through our dynamic programmes, incubators and mentoring, and inspire and engage the local community with our weekly events.
If you want to be part of a global, vibrant and entrepreneurial community that collaboratively works on social innovation, this is the right place for you.
OPEN: Communications Junior
Are you passionate about making a positive impact through innovation & entrepreneurship? If you are awesome and the answer is yes, join us!
Key ResponsibilitiesBuilding Brand Awareness:
- Assessing and promoting all updates, opportunities and inspiring content relevant to the Impact Hub Phnom Penh brand to build both brand identity and brand awareness.
- Leading liaisons with Director of Community and Communications Manager to receive regular updates on opportunities and successes, to create regularly updated content that can be shown to our local and international network.
- Posting at least once a day on all social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) to increase online engagement with our brand and to encourage interaction and create a sense of community online.
- Newsletter covering essential updates on our activities as well as opportunities and chances to inspire our community sent out once a month for the monthly newsletter and once a week for the weekly newsletter.
- Quarterly presentations to the team on communications, including relevant information and numbers that can help us improve and grow our communications strategies in the future.
- Responding to questions and requests on the Impact Hub Phnom Penh Facebook page, phone lines and other relevant channels in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all communications inside the space are inspiring, creative, relevant, and up-to-date. (This can include the chalkboards, signs, posters, program boards, etc.)
- Translating content between English and Khmer.
- Maintain and manage the archiving of all creative material/artwork/photography in Google Drive
- Assisting with communications for all programs under Impact Hub Phnom Penh.
- Ensuring team provide regular updates on programs for content creation and distribution
- Taking high-quality photos of programs and events to use in communications
- Always be friendly to members and encourage a positive atmosphere at the Hub.
- Any other tasks as delegated for the management or support of Impact Hub Phnom Penh.
- Work to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and output quality does not suffer.
- Khmer and English language fluency. Can write well in Khmer and English online.
- Passionate about Impact Hub’s vision to create a more just and sustainable Cambodia by inspiring and enabling young Cambodian changemakers, entrepreneurs, and innovators who want to make the world a better place.
- Can adopt a professional manner when necessary, a fast learner, a passion for communications
- Can work quickly in a fast paced environment, confident working independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work full time (8 hours per day) from Monday to Friday.
- Experience working in communications or marketing
- Bachelor degree in Communications/Marketing/Design
- Good understanding of startup/business sector, including business concepts (marketing, market research, etc)
- Photography, videography and blogging experience/skills
- Flexible to work from 8 am - 5 pm OR 11 am - 8 pm, as well as some weekends if required (the hours working on the weekend will be compensated)
Why join us?
- A unique opportunity to join one of Cambodia’s most active, innovative start-up organizations, and to grow one of it’s biggest communities of young entrepreneurs.
- A great chance to apply your skills to an energetic, exciting and challenging role, where every day you’ll be creating impact.
- A way to amplify your impact by supporting fellow entrepreneurs.
- Be part of a global network of people for impact with our 100+ Impact Hubs around the world
How to apply:
- Submit a 2-4 minute video explaining who you are, your skills and experience, why you want to work at Impact Hub, and what you would do if you could change the world!
- Design a creative poster explaining why we should hire you! (You could answer questions like: Why you want to work at Impact Hub, what Impact Hub means to you, what skills you can bring to the team, tell us a story about you or anything you would love us to know…)
- Send us your CV
- Remuneration: Commensurate to experience
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Reporting to: Communications Manager and Director of Community