What is Build4People Sustainable Building Incubator?
The Build4People Sustainable Building Incubator
Is a 4-month entrepreneurial program for aspiring entrepreneurs who are looking for solutions to re-invent and innovate how we build, plan and live together by making our buildings more sustainable and liveable.
The program will support those who have innovative ideas to turn them into a tangible 1st prototype using a design thinking approach. The participants will go through a tailored and intense pre-incubation program.
What does the program offer?
By joining this program, selected applicants-aspiring entrepreneurs will be able to access:
- 1:1 Masterclasses: Business training delivered by experienced Pre-Incubation Trainers from the Impact Hub team and experts from the sustainable building industry from Build4People team Find more about the exciting curriculum here.
- 1:1 Mentoring: Sector and industry insights from Build4People team of experts. They will provide support and feedback in problem understanding, prototype validation and business model building.
- Video Training: Develop video-making skills and create a first 2min video introducing the problem to be solved and a prototype of the first solution.
- Field Trip: A 1-day exposure trip in Phnom Penh to get inspired by local entrepreneurs developing innovative solutions in the smart and sustainable city industry.
- Pitch day: An opportunity for participants to showcase their business in front of strategic partners and the public to get feedback and awareness about your solution.
- Financial support: The winning team will receive a $2,000 cash prize award as a prototyping fund to continue to work on and grow their innovative idea.. This cash prize is generously offered by Re-Edge Architecture.
Who is it for?
We are looking for aspiring entrepreneurs who would have any innovative ideas in any of the following areas:
To be eligible for funding and to join the Accelerator program, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
Meet our Mentors & Trainers
Meet our Industry Mentors
Build4People Sustainable Building Incubator is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research and FONA – Research for Sustainability; aims to support sustainable innovators through building initiative entrepreneurship ideas, from problem discovery to building the valid sustainable and innovative business model that creates the future of the sustainable building.
Build4People Sustainable Building Incubator is co-designed and co-developed by Impact Hub Phnom Penh and Building4People.
Who can apply?
Aspiring entrepreneurs at the idea stage, who are ready and motivated to test the feasibility of their idea.
- You are based in Cambodia
- You can apply as an individual or as a team (up to 4 members)
- You want to test the feasibility of your business idea
- You can commit to working on your idea at least part-time (evenings and some weekends are required)
What are the shortlisting criteria?
- Your idea must solve a problem related to SDG11, and impact the urban communities
- Your idea must be innovative and impactful
- You must clearly show motivation and drive to turn your idea into a viable business model
- No experience in business or startup required
What will I learn during the Masterclasses
You can find all the details about the Content of the masterclasses and the program timeline here.
Where will the program take place?
The masterclasses will happen at Impact Hub Phnom Penh located in BKK1 in the centre of Phnom Penh.
The 1-1 mentoring program will happen either online or at Impact Hub Phnom Penh, depending on you and your mentor’s preference.
The Pitch day will be on 28th February 2023 and happening at Impact Hub Phnom Penh.
How do I apply?
Apply before midnight on Sunday, October 23, using the application form here. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed between the last week of October, and successful teams will be invited to join the program on Monday 14th November.
I have just an idea. Can I still apply?
Sure, this program is open for idea-stage and early-stage entrepreneurs who would like to test out their innovative ideas.
If you have any questions or need some support, don’t hesitate to contact us: