Welcome to Entrepreneurship Platform for Engagement & Exchange
Impact Hub Phnom Penh, Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre (MaGIC), and the ASEAN Centre for Entrepreneurship are delighted to invite you to apply to join the Entrepreneurship Platform for Engagement & Exchange, supported by USAID and PACT Cambodia.
This program is designed to build knowledge, capacity and connections for successful Cambodian entrepreneurs to foster collaborations with government. Ten startups will be selected to join this one off workshop, as well as receive follow up support from Impact Hub Phnom Penh.
Benefits of joining:
- Join an exclusive one day workshop where you will learn about regional best practice, and build your skills and capacity to collaborate with government
- Contribute to building the startup ecosystem by sharing your experiences, recommendations and insights.
- Build your network with government officials, key startup ecosystem players, and leading entrepreneurs.
- Meet and build connections with the Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre (MaGIC) and the ASEAN Centre for Entrepreneurship.
- Gain visibility for your startup as a key contributor to the ecosystem.
- Continued engagement and support following the workshop, including facilitating connections and meetings within the government.
- Automatic membership to Hub Entrepreneurs Club with Impact Hub Phnom Penh to access regular Masterclasses, an innovative space, and mentoring.
- Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre (MaGIC) is a global, leading creativity & innovation centre for entrepreneurs. They enable and support the growth of entrepreneurship in Malaysia with a goal to drive sustainable ecosystem development, as well as create value and new economic drivers for Malaysia through collaboration with other government agencies, corporate sector players, and community stakeholders.
- ASEAN Centre for Entrepreneurship (ACE) is the first startup support services platform in ASEAN which provides these key services to help startups expand their businesses regionally and globally.
- Impact Hub Phnom Penh is a social venture incubator, a social enterprise builder, and a community of entrepreneurs. Through their innovation space, entrepreneurship programs and exhaustive local and international network they support aspiring Cambodian innovators and local organisations to create innovative solutions that contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- PACT Cambodia is managing USAID’s 5 year WE Act project, targeting young female entrepreneurs between the ages of 15 and 35, and aims to empower them to establish and support themselves financially.
Date: Monday 23rd September 2019
Time: 8:30am – 6:30pm
Location: Top Floor, Impact Hub Phnom Penh
Who can apply to join?
Khmer nationals who are running a business/startup
Morning (Startups only)
8:30am – 9:00am : Arrival and registration
9:00am – 9:30am : ASEAN Startup Ecosystem and Best Practices, from Jonathan Lee, Director of ASEAN Centre of Entrepreneurship
9:30am – 10:00am : Sharing session – Government Collaboration
10:00am – 12:00am : “How to Create a Well-Functioning Startup Ecosystem in Cambodia” Workshop
12:15pm – 2:00pm : Lunch
Afternoon (Startups, Ministry representatives, and key ecosystem players)
2:15 – 4:15 : Outcomes sharing, facilitated by Melanie Mossard, Venture Support Director of Impact Hub Phnom Penh and Jonathan Lee, Director of ASEAN Centre of Entrepreneurship
4:15pm -4:30pm : Summary and reflections
4:30pm – 5:00pm : Closing remarks
5:00pm – 6:30pm : Networking