We are looking for you to become our
“Lead Incubation Mentor“
We are looking for you to become our
We’re looking for an awesome Lead Mentor to join our fast-growing team! This is a unique opportunity to take charge of our diverse and flourishing community of entrepreneurs, innovators, changemakers and youth leaders. We’re looking for someone who thrives connecting with others, and is passionate about entrepreneurship and helping startups grow and succeed. You’ll be helping promising start-ups enrolled in incubation programs reach their next growth stage by building and implementing a program covering innovation methodology and operations/building business best practices.
Are you ready to make an impact and support social entrepreneurs in Cambodia? We’re waiting to hear from you!
What is your role?
50% Facilitation of programs and mentoring
- Facilitate programs, and training in entrepreneurship across multiple incubation and acceleration programs.
- Support the teams to define their key performance indicators and milestones for their innovation project and assure their implementation
- Mentor and coach selected teams on a one-to-one basis, tailoring each session to their needs, dreams and strategy. Any follow up between sessions such as sharing or creating resources to support them, connecting them to key stakeholders, and providing words of support/encouragement.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key stakeholders, and facilitate the connections with the startups
- Support entrepreneurs through programs to maximise program completion rates and positive outcomes, with the goal of transitioning them to the Accelerate Membership, a tailored support system for ongoing support.
- Connecting entrepreneurs with fundings, mentors, strategic partnerships, events, media to help them grow
50% Direction of Programs and Incubation:
- Lead and co-create programs and content around entrepreneurship
- Adapt content to meet the needs of participants as the program evolves
- After in-depth interviews and observation of the needs of the entrepreneurs, develop resources and content to make the learning experience of the entrepreneurs smoother
- Build a community of alumni and engage them in the Accelerate Membership
- Manage and develop the growth and value of the Impact Hub Mentoring Pool including mentor recruitment, monitoring & quality evaluation, retention and mentor matching
- Delegate responsibility for logistical and administrative management of programming to the Program and Impact Manager, providing managerial support where needed.
- When relevant, act as point of contact with sponsor or donor, handling communications in a prompt and professional manner
- Feedback to the IH team progress on programs
- Flagging up teams who may need extra support/are not a good fit for the program
- Managing and monitoring the impact of a program, and leading discussions for learning and improvement to constantly evolve and improve the IHPP offering.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree a plus
At least 3 years of national or international experience in a startup, incubator/ accelerator, innovations in private businesses or innovations in the humanitarian or international development sector.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Passion for supporting startups to grow and thrive
- Deep understanding of the Cambodian entrepreneurs’ needs
- Worked with or led cross-functional teams, and happy to get things done in a scrappy and hands-on way
- Proven track record driving projects – effectively delivering impactful elements of projects in fast-moving environment, ideally for new businesses, new business models, startups
- Strong conceptual thinking to develop new strategies & innovative projects
- Able to interact with a broad range of stakeholders and external audience with maturity and tact
- Proven ability to work in a team, ideally experience in agile/OKR working style
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, with the ability to write strategy documents, to develop business plans and to write and deliver presentations
- Collaborative spirit, able to partner with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Sets high-level of ambition for the project and own work to achieve impact for the community
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the vision of Impact Hub Phnom Penh
Fluency in oral and written English and Khmer is mandatory, as the Lead Mentor will be delivering the program in Khmer.
Full-time position only
Expected starting date:
June – July
How to Apply:
In the application form, you will be asked a series of questions and will be asked to send your CV and a one-page cover letter that clearly and concisely (using specific examples) explains why you are the perfect candidate for this position.
Deadline to apply: 20th April – 6 pm
If you’re interested in social impact, subscribe below and get curated weekly Impact news.
How may we help you?