We are looking for you to become our
“Incubation Program Director”
We are looking for you to become our
We’re looking for an awesome Incubation Program Director to join our fast-growing team! This is a unique opportunity to take charge of our diverse and flourishing community of entrepreneurs, innovators, changemakers and youth leaders.
We’re looking for someone who thrives connecting with others, and is passionate about strengthening the entrepreneurship ecosystem by supporting our internal Incubation team and being our main point of contact with strategic partners.
Are you ready to make an impact and support social entrepreneurs in Cambodia? We’re waiting to hear from you!
Your Exciting Role
60% Direction of Entrepreneurs Support Programs :
- Oversee and lead the development of our entrepreneurship-related program portfolio
- Ensure the performance of other staff members in implementing the incubation programs.
- Be the direct point of contact with partners such as TSC and MEF-PIU, handling communications in a prompt and professional manner
- Facilitate evaluation and monitoring of the proposed projects of the grantees (entrepreneurs receiving funding through our programs) to ensure the approved budgets are used effectively and provide the necessary support to achieve the expected outcomes of the projects.
- Feedback to the IH leadership team progress on programs,
- Delegate responsibility for logistical and administrative management of programming to the Program and Impact Manager, providing managerial support.
- Manage and monitor the impact of programs, and lead discussions for learning and improvement to constantly evolve and improve the IHPP offering.
10% Stakeholder Growth and Management:
- Develop partnerships with and support the management of stakeholders in the entrepreneurship, impact and wider community, both nationally and regionally, with the aim of adding value to Impact Hub and its mission.
- Build and maintain good relationships among stakeholders.
10% Building IHPP’s reputation and ensuring we are focused in our strategy and growth:
- Maintain critical awareness around Impact Hub PP’s brand and how we want it to be perceived externally
- Constantly refine and interrogate IHPP’s theory of change to ensure the programs and strategy of IHPP is aligned with our goals for impact
- Critically analyse all new partnership opportunities for their relevance and value for the communities we serve, our capacity, and our reputation and values.
- Think creatively, seek and initiate new events and projects which are in line with Impact Hub’s mission.
10% Processes, Operations and Team:
- Supporting the CEO in enforcing new processes and databases that can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of IHPP’s operations, both within your role and within the team you direct.
- Regularly seek and provide opportunities to IHPP staff members to grow and develop in their role and learn from external networks
- Provide mentoring and management support to IHPP Managers to thrive in their roles
- Provide regular and relevant updates, stories, and opportunities to the Communications Manager, in order to support our external communications, branding, and program marketing. This includes content for blogs, newsletters, and social media posts.
- Any other tasks as delegated for the management or support of Impact Hub Phnom Penh.
10% Support consultancy missions:
- When needed, provide support to the team to facilitate events
- When needed, provide support to the team in running research projects or any other ad-hoc consultancy projects.
Master degree in Economics, Business Management, Technology Management or related field.
Minimum 5 years of experience in management and implementation of entrepreneurship projects funded by the Royal Government of Cambodia and international organizations.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Passion for supporting startups to grow and thrive
- Demonstrated experience in program management including staff management,
financial management, project design and implementation, reporting and analysis provide necessary supports to achieve expected outcomes of the projects.
- Excellent people management skills and strong ability to work with a wide range of individuals with maturity and tact.
- Ability to write analytical, clear and concise reports.
- Deep understanding of the Cambodian entrepreneurs’ needs
- Worked with or led cross-functional teams, and happy to get things done in a scrappy and hands-on way
- Proven track record driving projects – effectively delivering impactful elements of projects in fast-moving environment, ideally for new businesses, new business models, startups
- Strong conceptual thinking to develop new strategies & innovative projects
- Proven ability to work in a team, ideally experience in agile/OKR working style
- Collaborative spirit, able to partner with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Sets high-level of ambition for the project and own work to achieve impact for the community
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the vision of Impact Hub Phnom Penh
- Strong digital literacy skills: knows how to use Zoom, Google Drive, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel and so on, comfortable/finds it easy learning new digital skills.
- Believe and recognize yourself in our values:
- Be the change you want to see in the world, embracing kindness & sustainability every day.
- Do it the startup way, agile, fast and always learning
- Impact cannot happen in isolation it requires collective action
- Get to know your comfort zone, and leave it. Welcome change, challenges, and experimentation
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in the agriculture sector (as the two incubators will be focusing on this topic, though we will hire additional industry experts that’s why it’s only a “nice to have” element.)
Excellent communication skills, fluence in both oral and written English and Khmer.
Full-time position ONLY.
Working at Impact Hub
- Flexible working hours – as long as the work is done with care and good quality, we are flexible to the working style of each of our team members.
- Beautiful, innovative and creative workspace in central Phnom Penh
- Young, energised team – we are not traditional, and we never will be! We’re all under 30 and mostly female, and we work like a startup.
- Join and take part in all of Impact Hub’s award-winning entrepreneurship programs and build personal relationships with our inspiring entrepreneurs.
- Become part of a global network of changemakers, entrepreneurs and makers around the world as part of the Impact Hub network: expand your own network and feel part of something bigger. – There is now 102 Impact Hub around the world.
- Be part of a team that promotes and values inclusiveness, respect and kindness between the team members
- Be part of a team who cares for the planet by promoting plastic-free events, programs and office.
That’s awesome! What else?
- Competitive salary
- Room for growth in the organization and flexible role that can adapt to your strengths and interests. Opportunity to design your dream job in the organization after a successful 1-year contract.
- Accident health insurance with an international provider
- Annual professional development budget
- Annual well-being and care budget
- 1 extra day off per month on the 1st day of painful periods for women
- Animated photo of you if you want it 😉
- Possibility to become a trainer or mentor for our entrepreneurs and youth community.
- Possibility to “be adopted” by our alumni entrepreneurs to work for them for 3 days and use your skills to help them.
Languages: Fluency in oral and written English, as most of the reports, will be in English.
Commitment: Full-time position only
How To Apply
- Send us your CV
- Record a 1-4 min video explaining who you are, your skills and experience, why you want to work at Impact Hub!
Why should you work for Impact Hub Phnom Penh?
What it’s like to work with us
We’re a young, dynamic and energised team, with everyone under the age of 30 and with a 100% female leadership team.
We have 5 ‘departments’ within our team; finance, entrepreneurship programs, youth empowerment, online learning, and communications. Generally speaking, we believe in ‘self-organising teams’, and believe that giving trust, creative responsibility and autonomy to our team creates the leaders we need to grow fast and build a happy workplace. As a result, we are highly flexible, accommodating, and nurture a culture of listening to others and discussing solutions to problems that we see together. We “work like a startup”, and seek to break away from traditional structures to build the best team to work for in Cambodia!
Our office is located in central BKK1 and we have a beautiful and inspiring environment.
Each year we hold a big annual retreat in January, and quarterly mini-retreats throughout the year where we can check in on strategy, wellbeing, finances, and our impact, to ensure we’re on track. Every team members’ opinion is valued and heard.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
In the application form, you will be asked a series of questions and will be asked to send your CV. Don’t miss this chance to join the best team ever (voted by us..)
Deadline to apply: 20th January 2023
Expected starting date: March 2023