We are looking for you to become our
We are looking for you to become our
We’re looking for a fantastic Finance Officer managing the accounting and finances, administration and space logistics at Impact Hub Phnom Penh.
This is an exciting chance to be part of our growing team, with a friendly and independent working culture, and a huge global network to connect with. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to grow within the role, as well as expand your skills in entrepreneurship, creativity, and innovation. You’ll have access to a personal development budget to grow your skills and expertise.
Don’t miss this chance to join the best team ever (voted by us..)
Your exciting missions:
Accounting & Finance
● Manage cash for the organization including cash in and out related to the daily
operations and process cash/check withdrawal/deposit within the bank.
● Control invoicing database – including maintaining AP, AR, preparing invoices,
receipts, sending reminders to debtors, and collecting payments.
● Prepare vouchers for all expenses and post those transactions into the accounting system (Quickbooks)
● Participate with monthly closing and monthly and annually tax payments, and
submitting annual financial reports for Accounting and Auditing Regulator into e-Filing system
● Prepare and maintain all financial documents related to the company’s operations and all incomes and expenses and ensure it is filed properly according to the retention policy and procedure
● Provide appropriate finance support to non-finance staff on finance policies and
procedures as required
● Develop and Check TORs with all supplies to ensure the information is correct and compliant with Cambodian taxes.
● Be a focal person for auditing and corresponding with the tax officers and with the authorities as required.
● Maintain physical count and check fixed assets and inventories
● Assist the program team with the budget and actual expenditure to ensure that it is all compliant with donors’ requirements and other accounting rules and regulations.
● Support program team to ensure that taxes are applied before making payments, supporting documents are in place, such as invoices/receipts, quotations, and contracts are attached.
● Coordinate with Finance Director in the preparation of the budget and financial reports for programs related.
● Control staff leave records and assist with the timesheet for programs related
● In charge of the process of registering employees into the NSSF system and filing at the NSSF department.
● Arrange necessary legal documentation to apply for the work permits and visas for foreign employee
● Responsible for smooth operations in the space to ensure it operates efficiently and effectively
● Proactively identifying any areas where administration and logistics can be improved, suggesting solutions to the team, and implementing these ensuring the Hub is clean, the tidy, organized, and inspiring place to work.
Space Rental Support
● Take the lead on responding to and coordinating with prospective clients who wish to rent IHPP’s space, in a professional and friendly manner including creating quotes and invoices/receipts for space renters.
● Warmly welcoming and hosting organizations at our space, and ensuring the space rental experience is to a high standard. This includes: showing them around the space, opening the space up for them, ensuring the space is ready for rental use, liaising with cleaners during busy periods to ensure the space is clean and tidy with the collaboration of the Communication and Event Coordinator.
● Take the initiative to rearrange the space after a booking to revert it back to its original state, and is clean and tidy with the support by the team.
– Always be friendly to members and encourage a positive atmosphere at the Hub.
– Any other tasks as delegated for the management or support of Impact Hub Phnom Penh.
– Work to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and output quality do not suffer.
Who we’re looking for:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial management, or related field
- Strong knowledge of Financial Accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting principles
- Knowledge of Cambodia Financial Reporting Standards
- Knowledge of Cambodian taxation, compliance, Laws, and regulations
- At least 2-year experience in accounting and finance in similar roles
- Strong in writing financial reports or project budgeting for donors/funders and grants
- Skills in audit management, internal control, document retention
- Skills in developing procedure documentation and internal control implementation
- Analytical skills, highly organized with attention to details and ability to question the logic of information
- Friendly and approachable can work well independently and as part of a team, you should be able to work with minimal supervision
- High-level English language skills both written and spoken
- Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
- Passionate about Impact Hub’s vision to create a more just and sustainable Cambodia by inspiring and enabling young Cambodian changemakers, entrepreneurs, and innovators who want to make the world a better place.
- Can adopt a professional manner when necessary, a fast learner, a passion for analytical skills, good planning, well-organized
- Can work quickly in a fast-paced environment, confident working independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work full time (8 hours per day) from Monday to Friday.
- Experience in financial management
- Previous experience using Quickbooks
- Familiarity with NGOs related to financial work
Why work for Impact Hub Phnom Penh?
- Flexible to work from 9 am – 6 pm, as well as some weekends when required (extra working hours can be claimed back for personal leave).
- Beautiful, innovative, and creative workspace in central Phnom Penh
- Young, energized team – we are not traditional, and we never will be! We’re all under 30 and mostly female, and we work like a startup.
- Join and take part in all of Impact Hub’s award-winning entrepreneurship programs
- Become part of a global network of changemakers, entrepreneurs, and makers around the world as part of the Impact Hub network: expand your own network and feel part of something bigger
That’s awesome! What else?
- Competitive salary
- Room for growth in the organization: and flexible role that can adapt to your strengths and interests
- Health insurance with an international provider
- Annual personal development and technical support budget
- Animated photo of you if you want it 😉
- Possibility to become a trainer for our entrepreneurs and youth community
Deadline to apply:
07th June 2022
The role starts at the beginning or mid-June 2022
(In the application form, you will be asked to send us your CV)