We are looking for you to become our
“Finance Expert Mentor”
We are looking for you to become our
About Dakdam Program
DakDam Incubator is a 9-month Agriculture Incubation Program designed for entrepreneurs with an environmentally friendly prototype or business that has the potential to impact the agricultural sector across Cambodia. The program will support them to develop a viable, responsible business model to get their product or service to the market. The ultimate goal of their business will be increasing incomes, reducing costs, or improving the resilience of small-holder farmers.
The programs’ methodology involves two phases – ‘pre-incubation of 3 months’ and intensive ‘incubation’ of 6 months. It features a range of learning approaches: structured group learning sessions, flexible, 1-on-1 tailored sessions, and facilitated interpersonal skills development sessions plus experienced-based learning through self-led ‘field work’. The program will also include a field trip where the startups will together conduct an on-site visit in Cambodia, in order to gain a deeper understanding of their industry and its challenges and opportunities for the future.
To know more about Dakam, find more information here.
Financial Coaching Mentor Role:
In order to provide tailored financial mentoring, we are looking for our Finance Expert Mentor, who will be able to help the teams set up and manage some sound and reliable financial systems.
Why be a financial Mentor expert of DakDam Incubator Season 2 mentor
- To share your skills and experience with agriculture ventures and startups in Cambodia
- To get connected to the agriculture startup ecosystem of Cambodia.
- To grow and develop your own skills and experience as a mentor and coach.
- To get inspired and feel the energy of a whole program journey and experience!
- To join the DakDam Incubator Season 2 as an Agriculture Expert Mentor you will be motivated to share your skills and experience to grow entrepreneurs during this exciting and high profile program
Responsibilities and objectives of this Role:
Provide insights and connections in the agriculture industry
Working alongside our Incubation Lead, you will be part of the:
Bootcamp and Pre-Incubation – September-November 2021
- Run a finance workshop during the initial Bootcamp (0.5 day – 19th September)
- Join the Pitch day (0.5 day – 4th November 2021)
Incubation – Nov 2021 – April 2022
- Support in creating financial plans with entrepreneurs regarding the fund received throughout the program.
- Provide 1-1 mentoring to support the 8 shortlisted entrepreneurs during the Incubation period. Finance mentoring includes supporting each of the teams to understand and use daily all the financial management tools, such as P&L, cash flow, and Balance sheet. Support the teams in making decisions based on the insights provided by the financial situation. (Estimated time: 2h every 2 weeks per team from November to May 2022= 24 days)
Showcase Day – May 2022
- Join the Showcase day (0.5 day – May 2022 – Date TBC)
Post-program reflection – May 2022
- Join the post-program reflection sessions and provide feedback to improve the next cohort (Estimated time: 0.25 days)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent
- Proven experience in budgeting and budget management to ensure everything on track and consistently up to date
- Experience in following standard policies, procedures of accounting and finance process to ensure that all are compliant
- Experience in mentoring junior staff/someone to finance management
- Experience in assessing and evaluating financial report of various nature of businesses
Knowledge & Skills:
- Passion for supporting startups to grow and thrive
- Deep understanding of financial requirement from Cambodia law
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, with the ability to explain in a very easy to understand complex financial systems
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Sets high-level of ambition for the project and own work to achieve impact for the community
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the vision of Dakdam
Fluency in oral and written English and Khmer is mandatory, as the Finance Expert Mentor will be delivering the mentoring session in Khmer.
Consultancy role can be done while having another full-time role.
Total estimated days: 26 days across 9 months
This is an estimate based on our previous experience running programs, and we put it in ‘day’ time format for ease (e.g. 1 day might in reality mean 2x half days, or a series of mentoring sessions).
Remuneration and benefits:
- Paid contract depending on experience and qualifications
- All travel, accommodation, and food costs will be covered during the field trip.
- Access to Impact Hub’s creative workspace- come and work alongside us! You are always welcome
- Access to our local and international network: of Impact Hubs, private sector, public sector, non-profit sector…we are happy to make any connections you need to grow your network
- Opportunity to speak at events in order to boost presence
- More opportunities in the future to collaborate together
What are you waiting for? Apply now!:
Deadline:10th August 2021
(In the application form, you will be asked a series of questions, and will be asked to send your CV and explain why you are the perfect candidate for this position.)
Please contact Lyhour Heang at [email protected] if you have any questions.
If you’re interested in social impact, subscribe below and get curated weekly Impact news.
How may we help you?