Do you want to know more about social enterprises in Phnom Penh? Would you like to know what are the positive impacts that these social ventures are creating change for Cambodian society?
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!
**FASHION REVOLUTION SPECIAL**
Impact Hub & Social Enterprise Cambodia is organising another brilliant “IMPACT STROLL” in a collaboration with Fashion Revolution through which our participants will get the opportunity to explore different social enterprises around the city of Phnom Penh. Each enterprise will be giving an introduction and overview about their organisation as well as welcoming the questions that the participants may have.
This time we will focus on social enterprises in the fashion industry in collaboration with Fashion Revolution Week 2017, which hopes to raise awareness about ‘fast fashion’, its pitfalls, and alternatives.
FOR THIS TOUR, WE WILL VISIT:
- “SUSU” – Hand Crafted Products to encourage the life journey of Cambodian Women at Siem Reap
- “Color Silk” – Silk products made by passionate silk weaving women
- “Watthan Artisans Cambodia” – handicraft production and fine woodcarving made by disabilities
- Lunch at Eleven One Kitchen, running by our partner. Eleven One Kitchen is an unpretentious new little eatery offering good quality, affordable Cambodian food in a clean, comfortable setting.
- “A.N.D” – Cambodian fair trade brand, working with local artisans to blend design development with traditional skills.
- “Kool As U” – Fashion shop by Cambodian designer Kosal Ou
- “La Chhouk” – Recycled and Creative Fashion initiated by two young talented students from Royal University of Fine Arts
DATE: 30th of April 2017, so don’t forget to book your place right now before it runs out!
PRICE: FREE for Impact Hub’s members, $3 for non-member
REGISTER: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name and phone number to book a place.
-the tour will take the whole day starting from 8:30a.m of April 30th 2017
-the tour will start at Impact Hub Phnom Penh so the participants should arrive at least 10 minutes earlier than 8:30am.
-the participants will be responsible for their own lunch (We will have lunch at Eleven One Kitchen)
-in some particular cases where the enterprises are near to each other, the travel will be on foot ( a chance to do exercise and talk along the way as well)
-Cambodian youth are encouraged to participate