We are looking for you to become our
We are looking for you to become our
Impact Hub Phnom Penh is calling for a startup founder or entrepreneur in joining us as a newly trained lecturer under our program “SmartStart Unipreneurs Platform” – an educational initiative between Smart Axiata and Impact Hub Phnom Penh. It is the first local online learning and interactive platform that introduces entrepreneurship through a blended learning approach to Cambodian students in Khmer and English. Designed and built-in Cambodia, the goal of the learning platform and course is to develop both technical capabilities in entrepreneurship and business and the entrepreneurial mindsets of the students through the practical implementation of these concepts.
In the past year, the program has been piloted successfully at 4 universities in Phnom Penh with 300+ students. In 2021, we are delighted to be able to expand it to 10+ universities across the country – Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Battambang, and Svay Rieng; in an effort to build entrepreneurial mindsets amongst university students in Cambodia.
What is your role?
- Be able to join Training of Trainer before receiving the certification in delivering the class.
- To be a lead lecturer representing SmartStart Unipreneurship Program; delivering the Entrepreneurship course at the assigned university.
- Lecturing students using the blended learning approach and content provided under the program
- Play a role as mentor and facilitator in lecturing and supporting students in building their startup in a form of education.
- Work with the program team in ensuring the highest quality of course delivery
- Join Bi-weekly follow-up call with organizer team in providing feedback or receiving on-going support
- Help the organizer team in identifying the best team in class or school by joining the national boot-camp and national competition at the end of the program.
- Be able to be a mentor and facilitator in national bootcamp and national competition
- Support the IHPP team in collecting relevant data and stories from the students, to assess and promote the impact and value of the course.
Being part of the program means that you are part of Impact Hub Phnom Penh’s network across Cambodia and 50+ countries around the world. Specifically for the program, the direct benefits are:
- Receive a special 3 days TOT that transforms you to be an impactful lecturer in entrepreneurship.
- You will be introduced to dedicated learning management systems and the methodology in delivering the class using a blended learning approach.
- Master your knowledge about the start-up ecosystem in Cambodia and business skills and the approach in delivering to aspiring student innovators.
- Master your mentoring and coaching skills that used to support students during the program.
- You will be hired as a lecturer at one of the university partners.
- Be qualified in becoming our mentor/facilitator at the up-coming national boot camp and competition and incubator programs of Impact Hub Phnom Penh.
- Hold a bachelor or master degree from a recognized university
- Based in Phnom Penh, Siemreap, Battambang or Svay Rieng
- You are/were an Entrepreneur or at least have experience running a startup
- Experience and understanding of the startup/SME ecosystem in Cambodia
- Be able to spend 3 – 6 hours per week teaching at university
- Have experience in all form of teaching, mentoring, or coaching
- Speak both Khmer and English fluently
- High digital literacy, experiential learning, or teaching online using learning systems/platforms
- You are already a lecturer at a university, in a related subject to business
- Have previously joined an incubator or related business program
- An entrepreneur in the agriculture, education, e-commerce, or technology sector in Cambodia
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which University am I teaching at?
- After you finish TOT, you are expected to be placed in one of our university partners based in the city you are living in. However, your selection is based on the demand from the university.
- What is the teaching schedule? Can I do it during the weekend or do it part-time? Can we choose the date of the teaching schedule?
- Your teaching schedule is based on the university schedule and your negotiation directly with the university. It is a part-time position.
- I have experience teaching. but I have no experience with entrepreneurship, can I apply?
- We are looking for an entrepreneurial lecturer, a startup founder, or someone with an entrepreneurship background.
- I am an entrepreneur, but I am not confident in teaching, and I don’t know how to teach. Can I still apply?
- Yes, you are welcome to apply. After the selection, you will be joining the TOT to become a qualified entrepreneurship lecturer under our program.
- What is the training that IHPP will provide?
- After the selection, you will be joining the TOT to become a qualified entrepreneurship lecturer under SmartStart Unipreneur Program.
- When do we start teaching?
- You are expected to start teaching at any point between April – July. It depends on when the semester is started at the university. Due to the Covid-19 situation, the universities start each semester at a different time.
- What type of contract is it? Is it freelance?
- Once you are selected, you will be certified as an Entrepreneurship Lecturer under SmartStart Unipreneur Program. You will be nominated to teach at our university partners upon availability and agreement from the university.
Deadline: 31st March 2021, 5pm GMT+7
The recruitment is on a rolling basis.
How to Apply?
- Submit your updated CV to Kosoma Kim at [email protected]. Your application should clearly indicate why you would be a great fit for this role.
- The selection will consist of two rounds; the first round by IHPP, and then you will be nominated to the university who ultimately will be your employer for this course. Their employment terms and conditions will vary, and you will negotiate that with them directly.
We’re always looking for passionate people to join our team. We don’t always have opportunities open, but it’s okay to send us a message to let us know you’re interested. Who knows what might happen! If you think you could add value to our team, send us a message below”
If you’re interested in social impact, subscribe below and get curated weekly Impact news.
How may we help you?