We are looking for
We are looking for
We’re looking for an entrepreneur who wants to help other entrepreneurs grow and succeed. This unique role is for someone who believes in the power of entrepreneurship and social innovation and has experience mentoring and coaching startups to success.
Your warm and encouraging persona makes others feel at ease, and you have strong relationship building skills. You are well connected in the business world, and you have a deep understanding of entrepreneurship concepts – because you’ve been there yourself!
Our ideal candidate is a (retired?) social entrepreneur who has the time and capacity to develop and mentor dozens of startups in our community who need support. You have a ‘startup’ mindset (you’re not traditional!) and you love to help others. You have some strong financial, operational skills to share with the entrepreneurs.
This role will operate across Impact Hub’s programs, so you’ll be cross-sectoral, and supporting entrepreneurs who are early stage as well as operational.
Objectives of this Role
- Mentoring and Coaching Startups (90%):
- Offering a mixture of mentoring (sharing your advice and expertise in entrepreneurship, so they can quickly access the answers they need) and coaching (asking the right questions to help them unlock their own potential) to startups in our community
- Staying engaged with their work and updates, regularly touching base. You have your finger on the pulse of our entrepreneurs’ journeys
- Meeting and engaging with our mentor pool, to ensure you can point entrepreneurs in the right direction of them if they need more specific support or advice
- Organized, you can build appropriate systems to monitor their progress and KPIs
- Proactive, you can look ahead and see the trends, opportunities, and potential partnerships and support the entrepreneurs accordingly. (E.g. if there is a pitching event coming up, or an opportunity to raise funds).
- Entrepreneur Support and Other: (10%):
- Writing blogs to further spread content to different audiences and to continuously build our thought leadership in the entrepreneurship community, and writing about success stories of the entrepreneurs in our community
- Sharing useful resources and building our collection of tools we can offer our community, and sharing new ones regularly
- When needed, acting as a facilitator or speaker for IHPP
Why work with us?
- Flexible working hours
- Beautiful, innovative, and creative workspace in central Phnom Penh
- Young, energized team – we are not traditional, and we never will be! We’re all under 30 and mostly female, and we work like a startup.
- Join and take part in all of Impact Hub’s award-winning entrepreneurship programs
- Become part of a global network of changemakers, entrepreneurs, and makers around the world as part of the Impact Hub network: expand your own network and feel part of something bigger!
That’s awesome, what else?
- Competitive salary. Please note that IHPP is not an international organization and salary will be based on local rates and in line with IHPP’s salary policies.
- Room for growth in the organization: and flexible role that can adapt to your strengths and interests
- Health insurance with an international provider
- Annual personal development budget
- Diverse opportunities to travel locally and internationally to represent IHPP in our network, as part of our programs, and to learn from others in the Region.
You know the difference between mentoring and coaching, and when which style to adopt with each team member. Do they have the answers within themselves, or do they genuinely need advice on this? You can happily switch between these mindsets to provide the best chances of growth and success for each individual and startup.
You understand that everyone needs support differently, and you can assess and adapt your style based on their needs. With some, this might mean offering encouragement and emotional support, with others, a chance to challenge them to take risks and experiment.
- Proven experience as an entrepreneur in Cambodia
- Excellent understanding of startup/business sector, including business concepts (financial, go to market strategies, product/market fit, etc)
- “Entrepreneur mindset” – you think outside of the box, you are brimming with ideas, you love to grow startups!
- Khmer and English language fluency. Can write well in Khmer and English online.
- Highly intuitive and proactive, and highly organized- someone who can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, and is confident working independently and as part of a team.
- Passionate about Impact Hub’s vision to create a more just and sustainable Cambodia by inspiring and enabling young Cambodian changemakers, entrepreneurs and innovators who want to make the world a better place.
- Can adopt a professional manner, and speak publicly if necessary
- Strong leadership skills
- Friendly and likes to bond with a team of like-minded people
- Creative and good problem-solving skills
- Happy and prepared to work in the evenings/weekends (this is quite common due to the nature of many startups also juggling jobs/studies at the same time).
- Social entrepreneurship focus
- Understanding of social and environmental issues in Cambodia
Deadline: 30th December 2020, 5pm ICT
The role starts in December/Jan 2020/1/ASAP
How to Apply?
- Send the following to [email protected] cc [email protected] :
- Submit a 2-4 minute video explaining who you are, your skills and experience, why you want to work at Impact Hub, and what you would do if you could change the world!
- Send us a cover letter answering the following questions: (max 1000 words)
- How did you hear about Impact Hub?
- What do you think the top skills are to be a good entrepreneur-in-residence?
- What is your greatest achievement? (does not have to be related to work)
- If you could give one piece of advice to aspiring entrepreneurs, what would it be?
- Send us your CV
We’re always looking for passionate people to join our team. We don’t always have opportunities open, but it’s okay to send us a message to let us know you’re interested. Who knows what might happen! If you think you could add value to our team, send us a message below”
If you’re interested in social impact, subscribe below and get curated weekly Impact news.
How may we help you?