We are looking for an essential
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
We are looking for an essential
In this role, you will support the community of entrepreneurs, innovators, changemakers and youth leaders. Your mission is to create a memorable experience through impactful events and engaging activities and tell the meaningful story of our alumni to the world through video making, blog writing and other creative tools.
YOUR EXCITING MISSION
Your role will be highly adaptable, as working at Impact Hub is dynamic and always changing! You’ll be working across multiple, high-impact projects at the same time – perhaps in some, you’ll be more involved, and in others, you’ll be helping the team to ensure success.
Community Engagement – 50%:
- Get to know entrepreneurs to understand their individual needs, make them feel part of the community, and constantly improve the Hub Entrepreneur Club (HEC) can offer
- Assist the community engagement team in running activities and programs for our alumni (Hubber Night, Alumni Retreat, Adoption Program, Impact Intrapreneur Program, etc.)
- Support the team with organising events that Impact Hub puts on and lead on creating a great hosting experience for the guests
- Prototype (with the team’s support) new activities to provide additional value to our alumni
Impact Storytelling – 40%:
- Work with the Communications Manager to tell inspiring and successful stories about entrepreneurs
- Run meaningful campaigns and outreach activities to bring value to our alumni community with the community manager or program managers
- Collect and organise all media materials (photos, video and design materials)
- Produce content to showcase engagement activities (video, blog writing, poster)
Energy Booster – 10%:
- Bring your hype spirit to boost participants’ and alumni’s energy in our events and programme through ice-breaking & team-building activities
- Be a public speaker/MC on behalf of Impact Hub for events, if we needed
All work-related will be reported directly to the Community Engagement Manager weekly.
- Always be friendly to members and encourage a positive atmosphere at the Hub.
- Any other tasks as delegated for the management or support of Impact Hub Phnom Penh.
- Work to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and output quality does not suffer.
- Embody Impact Hub Phnom Penh’s values through your work
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An understanding of the Cambodian startup/entrepreneurship sector, including an understanding of business skills (marketing, market research, etc)
- Photography and storytelling experience/skills
- Kind, friendly, great people skills
- English and Khmer language fluency. Can speak and write well in Khmer and English.
- Passionate about Impact Hub’s vision to create a more just and sustainable Cambodia by inspiring and enabling Cambodian changemakers, entrepreneurs and innovators who want to make the world a better place.
- Can adopt a professional manner when necessary, a fast learner, an interest in program management and impact measurement
- Can work quickly in a fast-paced environment, confident working independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work full time (8 hours per day) from Monday to Friday, and also flexible to work on evenings and weekends when programs are running (Can be claimed as paid leave). (Usual working hours at Impact Hub – 10am – 7pm)
- Strong digital literacy skills: knows how to use Zoom, Google Drive, Google Spreadsheets, TikTok, Instagram, Youtube and so on, comfortable/finds it easy learning new digital skills.
- Believe and recognize yourself in our values:
- Be the change your want to see in the world, embracing kindness & sustainability every day.
- Do it the startup way, agile, fast and always learning
- Impact cannot happen in isolation it requires collective action
- Get to know your comfort zone, and leave it. Welcome change, challenges, and experimentation
WORKING AT IMPACT HUB
- Flexible working hours – as long as the work is done with care and good quality, we are flexible to the working style of each of our team members.
- Beautiful, innovative and creative workspace in central Phnom Penh
- Young, energised team – we are not traditional, and we never will be! We’re all under 30 and mostly female, and we work like a startup.
- Join and take part in all of Impact Hub’s award-winning entrepreneurship programs and build personal relationships with our inspiring entrepreneurs.
- Become part of a global network of changemakers, entrepreneurs and makers around the world as part of the Impact Hub network: expand your own network and feel part of something bigger. – There is now 102 Impact Hub around the world.
- Be part of a team that promotes and values inclusiveness, respect and kindness between the team members
- Be part of a team who cares for the planet by promoting plastic-free events, programs and office.
THAT’S AWESOME! WHAT ELSE?!
- Competitive salary
- Room for growth in the organisation and flexible role that can adapt to your strengths and interests. Opportunity to design your dream job in the organisation after a successful 1-year contract.
- Accident health insurance with an international provider
- Annual professional development budget
- Annual well-being and care budget
- 1 extra day off per month on the 1st day of painful periods for women
- Animated photo of you if you want it 😉
- Possibility to become a trainer or mentor for our entrepreneurs and youth community.
- Possibility to “be adopted” by our alumni entrepreneurs to work for them for 3 days and use your skills to help them.
- Diverse opportunities to travel locally and internationally to represent IHPP in our network, as part of our programs, and to learn from others in the Region.
WHY WORK WITH US?
Do you believe we can change the world through impactful communications by spreading stories, knowledge and impact of entrepreneurship, innovation, and sustainable and impactful social actions? So do we.
Working at Impact Hub is not your typical workspace; we’re a young, energetic team, and kindness, sustainability, and creativity are at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be part of a movement, a family, and a culture that values passion, dedication, and impact.
Impact Hub Phnom Penh is one of the largest communities for Changemakers that include entrepreneurs, innovators, action takers, creatives, and techies in the heart of Phnom Penh. We enable changemakers to succeed through our dynamic programmes, incubators and mentoring and inspire and engage the local community with our events.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? APPLY NOW!!
In the application form, you will be asked a series of questions and will be asked to send your CV.
Deadline to apply: 30th November 2022 – 6:00 PM
Expected starting date: Mid-January 2023