We are looking for you to become our
We are looking for you to become our
We’re looking for a fantastic creative communicator who can lead on designing communications and bring the message out there to the world related to Impact Hub Phnom Penh’s programs, activities, and stories of why we do what we do to inspire the next generation of social innovators and action takers.
You’ll be ensuring that everyone who interacts with our brand has a positive experience, and that our communications reach as far and as many people as possible.
This is an exciting chance to be part of our growing team, with a friendly and independent working culture, and a huge global network to connect with. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to grow within the role and expand your skills in entrepreneurship, creativity, and innovation. You’ll have access to a personal development budget to grow your skills and expertise.
Don’t miss this chance to join the best team ever (voted by us..)
Your exciting role:
Building brand awareness:
- Assessing and promoting all updates, opportunities and inspiring content relevant to the Impact Hub Phnom Penh brand to build both brand identity and brand awareness.
- Leading liaisons with Director of Communications to receive regular updates on opportunities and successes, to create regularly updated content that can be shown to our local and international network.
Increased social engagement:
- Posting at least once a day on all social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) to increase online engagement with our brand and to encourage interaction and create a sense of community online.
- Contribute to the design of the Newsletter covering essential updates on our activities as well as opportunities and chances to inspire our community, sent out once a month for monthly newsletter.
- Contribution to the Quarterly presentations to the team on communications, including relevant information and numbers that can help us improve and grow our communications strategies in the future.
- Responding to questions and requests on the Impact Hub Phnom Penh Facebook page, phone lines and other relevant channels in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all communications inside the space are inspiring, creative, relevant, and up-to-date. (This can include the chalkboards, signs, posters, program boards, etc.)
- Translating content between English and Khmer.
- Maintain and manage the archiving of all creative material/artwork/photography in Google Drive
- Assisting with communications for 2-3 incubation programs under Impact Hub Phnom Penh.
- Ensuring team provide regular updates on programs for content creation and distribution
- Taking high quality photos of programs and events to use in communications
- Always be friendly to members and encourage a positive atmosphere at the Hub.
- Any other tasks as delegated for the management or support of Impact Hub Phnom Penh.
- Work to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and output quality does not suffer.
- Khmer and English language fluency. Can write well in Khmer and English online.
- Passionate about Impact Hub’s vision to create a more just and sustainable Cambodia by inspiring and enabling young Cambodian changemakers, entrepreneurs and innovators who want to make the world a better place.
- Can adopt a professional manner when necessary, a fast learner, a passion for communications
- Can work quickly in a fast paced environment, confident working independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work full time (8 hours per day) from Monday to Friday (flexible working hours) and also flexible to work on evenings and weekends when programs are running (Can be claimed as paid leave).
- Sets high-level of ambition for the project and own work to achieve impact for the community
- Strong digital literacy skills: knows how to use Zoom, Google Drive, Canvas Excel, and so on, comfortable/finds it easy learning new digital skills.
- Believe and recognize yourself in our values:
- Be the change your want to see in the world, embracing kindness & sustainability every day.
- Do it the startup way, agile, fast and always learning
- Impact cannot happen in isolation it requires collective action
- Get to know your comfort zone, and leave it. Welcome change, challenges, and experimentation
- Experience working in communications or marketing
- Bachelor degree in Communications/Marketing/Design
- Good understanding of startup/business sector, including business concepts (marketing, market research, etc)
- Photography, videography, and blogging experience/skills
Not sure if you meet all the criteria? Apply – you never know what can happen! We are open-minded and human-centered. If you believe you can do it, apply, and let’s see what happens! 😉
Why you should work for Impact Hub Phnom Penh?
What it’s like to work with us
We’re a young, dynamic, and energized team, with everyone under the age of 30 and with 100% female leadership team.
We have 5 ‘departments’ within our team; finance, entrepreneurship programs, youth empowerement, online learning, and communications. Generally speaking we believe in ‘self-organising teams’, and believe that giving trust, creative responsibility and autonomy to our team creates the leaders we need to grow fast and build a happy workplace. As a result we are highly flexible, accommodating, and nurture a culture of listening to others and discussing solutions to problems that we see together. We “work like a startup”, and seek to break away from traditional structures to build the best team to work for in Cambodia!
Our office is located in central BKK1 and we have a beautiful and inspiring environment.
Each year we hold a big annual retreat in January, and quarterly mini-retreats throughout the year where we can check in on strategy, wellbeing, finances, and our impact, to ensure we’re on track. Every team members’ opinion is valued and heard. Our last retreat in January was in Koh Dach!
- Flexible working hours – as long as the work is done with care and good quality, we are flexible to the working style of each of our team members.
- Beautiful, innovative, and creative workspace in central Phnom Penh
- Young, energized team – we are not traditional, and we never will be! We’re all under 30 and mostly female, and we work like a startup.
- Join and take part in all of Impact Hub’s award-winning entrepreneurship programs and build personal relationships with our inspiring entrepreneurs.
- Become part of a global network of changemakers, entrepreneurs, and makers around the world as part of the Impact Hub network: expand your own network and feel part of something bigger. – There is now 102 Impact Hub around the world and this position will require you to interact with teams based in Colombia, Ghana, Switzerland, and Germany.
- Be part of a team that promotes and values inclusiveness, respect, and kindness between the team members
- Be part of a team who cares for the planet, by promoting plastic-free events, programs, and office.
That’s awesome! What else?
- Competitive salary (with some regular increases based on the performance)
- Room for growth in the organization: and flexible role that can adapt to your strengths and interests
- Health insurance with an international provider
- Annual personal development budget (to continue to grow your skills)
- Diverse opportunities to travel across Cambodia to represent IHPP in our network, as part of our programs, and to learn from others.
- Submit a 2-4 minute video explaining who you are, your skills and experience, why you want to work at Impact Hub, and what you would do if you could change the world!
- Design a poster explaining why we should hire you! (You could answer questions like: Why you want to work at Impact Hub, what Impact Hub means to you, what skills you can bring to the team, tell us a story about you…)
- Send us your CV