We are looking for you to become our
“Communications and PR Coordinator“
We are looking for you to become our
We’re looking for a fantastic creative communicator who can lead on designing communications and bring the message out there to the world related to Impact Hub Phnom Penh’s programs, activities, and stories of why we do what we do to inspire the next generation of social innovators and action takers.
You’ll be ensuring that everyone who interacts with our brand has a positive experience and that our communications reach as far and as many people as possible. 😉
This is an exciting chance to be part of our growing team, with a friendly and independent working culture, and a huge global network to connect with. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to grow within the role, as well as expand your skills in entrepreneurship, creativity, and innovation. You’ll have access to a personal development budget to grow your skills and expertise.
Don’t miss this chance to join the best team ever (voted by us..)
Your Excited Missions
- Leading communications Impact Hub Phnom Penh’s program and key activities, assisting the team to create relevant and effective communication plans/strategies
- Creating campaigns and communications content, promotion and storytelling of new programs as required
- Keeping track of timelines for projects, programs, etc. These are to be presented to the team to ensure open management of all projects and to identify areas where the team is needed to provide input to communications strategy
- Ensuring team provide regular updates on programs for content creation and distribution
- Come up with creative copies and content writing to use in communications (Copywriting & content writing)
- Keeping an up to date tracker of communication data and analytics for program impact reports
Public Relations and Customer Relation Management
- Leading on public relations for Impact Hub Phnom Penh, writing press releases, communicating with outreach partners, press or media
- Writing and connecting with Impact Hub subscribers via newsletters and email marketing campaigns
- Ensure good connection and relation with our audiences on Social Media and online communities
Building brand awareness:
- Assessing and promoting all updates, opportunities, and inspiring content relevant to the Impact Hub Phnom Penh brand to build both brand identity and brand awareness.
- Leading liaisons with communications and online Learning management teams to receive regular updates on opportunities and successes, to create regularly updated content that can be shown to our local and international network.
- Quarterly presentations to the team on your communications and PR journey, including relevant information and numbers that can help us improve and grow our communications strategies in the future.
- Working with your communication team to ensure all communications inside the space are inspiring, creative, relevant, and up-to-date.
- Translating content between English and Khmer.
- Maintain and manage the archiving of all creative materials/articles in Google Drive.
- Always be friendly to members and encourage a positive atmosphere at the Hub.
- Any other tasks as delegated for the management or support of Impact Hub Phnom Penh.
- Work to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and output quality does not suffer.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience working in communications, PR, marketing, or community engagement
- Creative, with good writing and verbal communication skills (e.g. Copywriting, caption & content writing, customer relations engagement)
- Comfortable assuming leadership roles and working independently on projects
- Khmer and English language fluency. Can write well in Khmer and English for professional purposes
- Good graphic design skills (Photoshop/canvas skills)
- Basic or good video editing skills.
- Passionate about Impact Hub’s vision to create a more just and sustainable Cambodia by inspiring and enabling young Cambodian changemakers, entrepreneurs, and innovators who want to make the world a better place.
- Can adopt a professional manner when necessary, a fast learner, a passion for communications
- Can work quickly in a fast-paced environment, confident working independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work full time (8 hours per day) from Monday to Friday.
- Bachelor degree in Communications/Marketing/Design
- Good understanding of startup/business sector, including business concepts (marketing, market research, etc)
- Content writing and copywriting in both Khmer and English
- Good at interpersonal communication & keeping connections alive and strong <3
- Have blogging experience/skills
Why work for Impact Hub Phnom Penh?
- Flexible to work from 8 am – 5 pm or 11 am – 8 pm, as well as some weekends when required (extra working hours can be claimed back for personal leave).
- Beautiful, innovative, and creative workspace in central Phnom Penh
- Young, energized team – we are not traditional, and we never will be! We’re all under 30 and mostly female, and we work as a startup
- Join and take part in all of Impact Hub’s award-winning entrepreneurship programs
- Become part of a global network of changemakers, entrepreneurs, and makers around the world as part of the Impact Hub network: expand your own network and feel part of something bigger
Each year we hold a big annual retreat in January, and quarterly mini-retreats throughout the year where we can check in on strategy, wellbeing, finances, and our impact, to ensure we’re on track. Every team members’ opinion is valued and heard. Our last retreat in January was in Kep!
That’s awesome! What else?
- Competitive salary
- Room for growth in the organization: and flexible role that can adapt to your strengths and interests
- Health insurance with an international provider
- Annual personal development and technical support budget
- Animated photo of you if you want it 😉
- Diverse opportunities to travel locally and internationally to represent Impact Hub Phnom Penh in our network, as part of our programs, and to learn from others in the Region.
How to apply:
In the application form, you will be asked to:
- Submit a 2-4 minute video explaining who you are, your skills and experience, why you want to work at Impact Hub, and what you would do if you could change the world!
- Design a poster explaining why we should hire you! (You could answer questions like: Why you want to work at Impact Hub, what Impact Hub means to you, what skills you can bring to the team, tell us a story about you…)
- A blog/caption writing about “How to be kind” in the Khmer Language
- Send us your CV
What are you waiting for? Apply now!:
Deadline to apply:
21st October 2021 (5 pm ICT)
The role starts at the beginning or mid-November 2021
If you’re interested in social impact, subscribe below and get curated weekly Impact news.
How may we help you?