We are looking for
“Communications and Events Officer”
We are looking for
Working at Impact Hub:
We’re looking for an energized creative who can lead on designing all communications related to Impact Hub Phnom Penh, both internally and externally, helping the brand and team communicate clearly to the world what we do, how we do it and use this to inspire the next generation of social innovators.
You’ll be ensuring that everyone who interacts with our brand has a positive experience and that our communications reach as far and as many people as possible. 💻
An exciting chance to be part of our growing team, with a friendly and independent working culture, and a huge global network to connect with. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to grow within the role, as well as expand your skillset in entrepreneurship. You’ll have access to a personal development budget to grow your skills and expertise. Don’t miss this chance to join the best team ever (voted by us..).
Your Exciting Missions:
- Management of communications of Impact Hub:
- To take a managerial role in defining the strategic direction of communications for Impact Hub.
- In order to provide clear and effective management of communications, to meet with the Managing Director monthly to highlight key focus areas, new opportunities and proactively identify any challenges to the effective and timely delivery of Impact Hub’s communications.
- To define key goals for Impact Hub communications – which represent essential activities, timelines, and quality – for ensuring the vision and mission of Impact Hub is communicated. These goals will be created with the support of the Managing Director and be used to inform communications managerial decisions over the next year.
- To provide line management to any communications juniors or interns, including delegating tasks, providing effective support, and constructive feedback on their progress.
- Building brand awareness:
- Assessing and promoting all updates, opportunities and inspiring content relevant to the Impact Hub Phnom Penh brand to build both brand identity and brand awareness.
- Leading liaisons with Director of Community to receive regular updates on opportunities and successes, to create regularly updated content that can be shown to our local and international network.
- Internal communications
- Quarterly presentations to the team on communications, including relevant information and numbers that can help us improve and grow our communications strategies in the future.
- Ensuring all communications inside the space is inspiring, creative, relevant, and up-to-date. (This can include the chalkboards, signs, posters, program boards, etc.)
- Translating content between English and Khmer.
- Maintain and manage the archiving of all creative material/artwork/photography in Google Drive
- Program communications:
- Leading communications for all programs under Impact Hub Phnom Penh, assisting the team to create relevant and effective communication plans/strategies for all.
- Creating branding, campaigns and graphics for the communications, promotion and storytelling of new programs as required.
- Creating Communication Timelines for all major projects, programs, etc. These are to be presented to the team to ensure open management of all projects and to identify areas where the team is needed to provide input to communications
- Ensuring team provide regular updates on programs for content creation and distribution
- Taking high-quality photos of programs and events to use in communications
- Keeping an up to date tracker of communication data and analytics for program impact reports.
- Event Management:
- Lead (or co-lead with Program Manager/Community Builder) on the management of large scale events run at Impact Hub, ensuring the organization is smooth, professional, and high quality
- Act as a spokesperson for Impact Hub to spread awareness of the brand
- Co-lead on the Changemaker Program, ensuring its success and growth
- Creatively design new events and short programs that can create a positive impact on entrepreneurial youth in Cambodia
- Always be friendly to members and encourage a positive atmosphere at the Hub.
- Any other tasks as delegated for the management or support of Impact Hub Phnom Penh.
- Work to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and output quality does not suffer.
- Experience working in communications or marketing
- Comfortable assuming leadership roles and working independently on projects
- Creative, with good graphic design skills (e.g. using Canva or Photoshop)
- Khmer and English language fluency. Can write well in Khmer and English online.
- Passionate about Impact Hub’s vision to create a more just and sustainable Cambodia by inspiring and enabling young Cambodian changemakers, entrepreneurs and innovators who want to make the world a better place.
- Can adopt a professional manner when necessary, a fast learner, a passion for communications
- Can work quickly in a fast-paced environment, confident working independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work full time (8 hours per day) from Monday to Friday.
- Bachelor degree in Communications/Marketing/Design
- Good understanding of startup/business sector, including business concepts (marketing, market research, etc)
- Photography, videography, and blogging experience/skills
- Flexible to work from 8am – 5pm or 11am – 8pm, as well as some weekends when required
Why work for Impact Hub Phnom Penh?
- Flexible working hours
- Beautiful, innovative, and creative workspace in central Phnom Penh
- Young, energized team – we are not traditional, and we never will be! We’re all under 30 and mostly female, and we work as a startup
- Join and take part in all of Impact Hub’s award-winning entrepreneurship programs
- Become part of a global network of changemakers, entrepreneurs, and makers around the world as part of the Impact Hub network: expand your own network and feel part of something bigger!
That’s awesome! What else?
- Competitive salary
- Room for growth in the organization: and flexible role that can adapt to your strengths and interests
- Health insurance with an international provider
- Annual personal development budget
- Diverse opportunities to travel locally and internationally to represent IHPP in our network, as part of our programs, and to learn from others in the Region.
We’re always looking for passionate people to join our team. We don’t always have opportunities open, but it’s okay to send us a message to let us know you’re interested. Who knows what might happen! If you think you could add value to our team, send us a message below”
If you’re interested in social impact, subscribe below and get curated weekly Impact news.
How may we help you?