We are looking for
“Communications and Events Intern “
We are looking for
Working at Impact Hub:
We are not looking for an average person to join us on this internship placement. We are looking for someone awesome, who shares our values and is single-mindedly focused on seeing them achieved.
Working at Impact Hub Phnom Penh will be busy and varied. You must enjoy working in a busy and dynamic environment, love solving problems and be willing to get stuck into any task, big or small. Because you take pride in seeking out and fixing potential problems before anyone is affected, you will enjoy being one of the heroes of our working community.
We work like a start-up. That means you’ll be expected to use your own initiative to figure out what and how things need to be done. You won’t have a line-manager giving you instructions but you will have the support of our passionate team.
We don’t believe in limiting people’s contributions to strict “job specifications”. If you join us, you will be expected to take on the responsibilities outlined below, but we’ll ask you to get involved with much more! We encourage you to get involved in various aspects of the organisation and to use your unique talents and skills to the full.
Your Exciting Missions:
- Execute daily social media presence distribution and engagement strategies which promote our space, programs, members & events through Facebook, Twitter, & YouTube.
- Design internal and external communications materials, presentations and reports.
- Coordinate, assemble, write and deliver our monthly community Newsletter with member stories, local & global social or environmental campaigns and any content valuable to Impact Hub Phnom Penh and its community.
- Execute website updates via WordPress
- Work with the team to support strategic objectives and initiatives
- Produce and manage creative marketing campaigns
- Track and evaluate different approaches to using our social media platform and website and provide monthly reporting
- Lead branding concepts for Impact Hub Programs.
- Plan and execute events for our community.
- Share learnings and news from Cambodia with Impact Hub Global and elsewhere.
- Assistance with administrative aspects of the community space.
Duration of the Internship: 3 months, with the possibility to extend to 6 months
Part-time/Half Day (Mon-Friday): Morning Shift or Afternoon Shift (based on your preference)
Location: Impact Hub Phnom Penh
- Good graphic design skills (Canva, photoshop or any other tools
- Good writing skills in English and Khmer – and you can translate between the two
- Organised and passionate about your work
- Flexible and likes working in a fast-paced, varied environment
- Basic understanding of entrepreneurship, social impact, SDGs
- Basic understanding of social media and marketing tools
- If you have videography skills too, let us know! But it’s not required.
- Friendly, good team player, and happy to work independently
- $100 USD/month net
- Paid holidays and sick leave pro-rated based on length of position
- With 110+ open Impact Hubs, more than 16,000+ members around the world and a combined global team of over 2000 makers, you will have access to a fabulous global network. We also well connected in the Cambodian ecosystem, so this is a great opportunity for you build your own network.
- Training and support from our team to build your skills in different ways
- Access to all Impact Hub programs during your internship to learn about entrepreneurship alongside startups
- Work in a creative workspace and alongside a fun team with a strong work culture
How to apply:
- Create/design 1 digital poster/graphic about yourself (Top tip! Use Canva to design it!)
- Why you should be hired for this role
- What you love about Impact Hub
- What is your mission in life/big goals in life
- Get your CV ready
- Record yourself a 1-minute video telling us about you
- Send this 3 thing above to firstname.lastname@example.org (You can send this as a Google Drive link- just made sure we can access it)
Deadline to apply: 10th September (11:59PM GMT+7)
Get to know your comfort zone, and leave
Welcoming change, challenges, and experimentation
Be the change
…you want to see in the world. Embracing kindness & sustainability every day
Do it the startup way
Agile, fast, and always learning
Impact doesn’t happen in isolation
It requires collective action
Do you believe we can change the world through entrepreneurship? So do we. Working at Impact Hub is not your typical workspace; we’re a young, energetic team, and kindness, sustainability and creativity are at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be part of a movement, a family, and a culture that values passion, dedication, and impact.
Impact Hub Phnom Penh is one of the largest communities for entrepreneurs, creatives and techies in the heart of Phnom Penh. We enable entrepreneurs to achieve success through our dynamic programmes, incubators and mentoring and inspire and engage the local community with our weekly events. Since we’ve started, we’ve mentored over 600 entrepreneurs, run over 27 programs, thousands of events, and enabled dozens of startups to achieve lift-off. Check our impact out here!
We can’t wait to have you!
We’re always looking for passionate people to join our team. We don’t always have opportunities open, but it’s okay to send us a message to let us know you’re interested. Who knows what might happen! If you think you could add value to our team, send us a message below”
If you’re interested in social impact, subscribe below and get curated weekly Impact news.
How may we help you?