We are looking for you to become our
“Agriculture Expert Mentor”
We are looking for you to become our
About Dakdam Program
DakDam Incubator is a 9-month Agriculture Incubation Program designed for entrepreneurs with an environmentally friendly prototype or business that has the potential to impact the agricultural sector across Cambodia. The program will support them to develop a viable, responsible business model to get their product or service to the market. The ultimate goal of their business will be increasing incomes, reducing costs, or improving the resilience of small-holder farmers.
The programs’ methodology involves two phases – ‘pre-incubation of 3 months’ and intensive ‘incubation’ of 6 months. It features a range of learning approaches: structured group learning sessions, flexible, 1-on-1 tailored sessions, and facilitated interpersonal skills development sessions plus experienced-based learning through self-led ‘field work’. The program will also include a field trip where the startups will together conduct an on-site visit in Cambodia, in order to gain a deeper understanding of their industry and its challenges and opportunities for the future.
To know more about Dakam, find more information here.
Agriculture expert Mentor role:
In order to provide more insights from the Agriculture sector of Cambodia to the selected startups, we are looking for our Agriculture Expert Mentor, who will be able to provide insights and connections in the agriculture industry.
Why become our Agriculture Expert DakDam Incubator Season 2?
- To share your skills and experience with agriculture ventures and startups in Cambodia
- To get connected to the agriculture startup ecosystem of Cambodia.
- To grow and develop your own skills and experience as a mentor and coach.
- To get inspired and feel the energy of a whole program journey and experience!
- To join the DakDam Incubator Season 2 as an Agriculture Expert Mentor you will be motivated to share your skills and experience to grow entrepreneurs during this exciting and high profile program
Responsibilities and objectives of this Role:
Provide insights and connections in the agriculture industry
Working alongside our Incubation Lead, you will be part of the:
Selection Process – End of August 2021
- Be part of the selection committee to shortlist the top 15 teams who will be part of the program. Around 23 companies will be shortlisted for a 30min interview. (Estimated time: 2 days across 26th August to 1st September 2021)
Bootcamp and Pre-Incubation – September-November 2021
- Deliver an inspiring speech at the Bootcamp, covering the following topic: “Agriculture Today – the good, the bad…and the opportunity.” speaking about the potential of the agriculture sector of Cambodia, but also share trends in the short and long term, in light of COVID-19’s impact on the sector. (Estimated time: 1 week-end (18-19th September)+ 0.25 day prior to prepare)
- Provide insights on the agriculture industry, share opportunities, contacts and recommendations to each of the 8 shortlisted entrepreneurs during the Incubation period. The 1-1 sessions will be based on the needs expressed by each of the teams. (Estimated time: 2 days – anytime)
- Join the Pitch day (4th November 2021)
Incubation – Nov 2021 – April 2022
- Join the field trip and facilitate 1 session (Estimated time: 1 week-end (date to TBC from January to March) + 0.25 days prior to prepare for the field trip)
- Provide insights on the agriculture industry, share opportunities, contacts and recommendations to each of the 8 shortlisted entrepreneurs during the Incubation period. The 1-1 sessions will be based on the needs expressed by each of the teams.
(Estimated time: 3.5 days – anytime)
- Participation in the 2 Mentor Mini-hacks for each of the team, a 90min crowdsourcing of idea sessions from the pool of mentors to provide insights to an entrepreneur facing a specific challenge. (Estimated time: 3 days – evenings during weekdays from 6-8pm or mornings from 8am to 9:30am)
- Join a monthly 2h peer-to-peer coaching circle with the 8 winners and provide insights, contacts when required. (Estimated time: 1.5 days – evenings during weekdays from 6-8pm)
Showcase Day – May 2022
- Join the Showcase day (May 2022 – Date TBC)
Post-program reflection – May 2022
- Join the post-program reflection sessions and provide feedback to improve the next cohort (Estimated time: 0.25 days)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree a plus
At least 3 years of national or international experience in the field of agriculture in Cambodia. Prior experience in supporting SMEs or startups.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Passion for supporting startups to grow and thrive
- Deep understanding of the Agricultural ecosystem of Cambodia (trends, opportunities, challenges)
- Broad network in the agriculture sector in Cambodia and ability to identify opportunities and connections for the startups
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Collaborative spirit, able to partner with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures, and to act with credibility and diplomacy
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Sets high-level of ambition for the project and own work to achieve impact for the community
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the vision of DakDam Program
Fluency in oral and written English and Khmer is mandatory, as the Agriculture Expert Mentor will be delivering the mentoring session in Khmer.
Consultancy role can be done while having another full-time role.
Total estimated days: 18 days across 9 months
This is an estimate based on our previous experience running programs, and we put it in ‘day’ time format for ease (e.g. 1 day might in reality mean 2x half days, or a series of mentoring sessions).
Remuneration and benefits:
- Paid contract depending on experience and qualifications
- All travel, accommodation and food costs will be covered during the field trip.
- Access to Impact Hub’s creative work space- come and work alongside us! You are always welcome
- Access to our local and international network: of Impact Hubs, private sector, public sector, non-profit sector…we are happy to make any connections you need to grow your network
- Opportunity to speak at events in order to boost presence
- More opportunities in the future to collaborate together
What are you waiting for? Apply now!:
Deadline:10th August 2021
(In the application form, you will be asked a series of questions, and will be asked to send your CV and explain why you are the perfect candidate for this position.)
Please contact Lyhour Heang at [email protected] if you have any questions.
If you’re interested in social impact, subscribe below and get curated weekly Impact news.
How may we help you?